I am worried about my 10 mth old beardie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

clare38

I have a 10 month old Beardie who is housed with my 6 mth old Beardie, i bought Babe first(6 mth old) and i bought Darlin(10 mth old) very recently about 3/4 week ago, and as i am new to Beardies i did not realise they might not get on, but Darlin is a very timid Dragon always bowing down to Babe, Babe is very dominant and has attacked Darlin a couple of time's now all that Darlin seem's to do is dig dig dig, and i am worried about her as i do not have another Vivarium yet, plus Darlin is not eating her green's as she should be, only eating her Crix and even then she is bowing down, i wish i could give her some kind of confidence boost or something and until i can buy a new Viv i am really worried about her, i have Benji a 3 yr old male in he's own Viv so there is no choice but to leave her where she is till the end of the month. If anyone has any advice for me i would love to hear it.

clare38

Original Poster
She has a black beard most of the time(which i heard mean's stress related) and Babe seem's to be trying to attack her more often over the last week, which has resulted in Darlin becoming even worse with the digging and she bows down like every 5 mins or so(like it has become a habit) even when Babe is just minding her own business, which then make's Babe get on the defensive i am only assuming this is the case. i just wish i could shout at Darlin and say' STOP BEING SO TIMID AND BE DEFENSIVE AT TIMES TOO'. And unfortunately there is nothing much i can do but get her out of the viv for a bit.

Bwalter

Sub-Adult Member
If you have a big plastic tub you can put her in with a light set up until you can get another tank would work, If you just leave her in there she could end up dead. Beardies do not get a long for most part. They need their own space. I hope nothing happens to your little girl before you can move her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New & NoClue
Top Bottom