i am starting to worry

Status
Not open for further replies.
at first my brother's beardie was bigger than mine, now mine grew, she just doesnt want to frow she is only 7 months and 1 foot long and she is turning white not her normal yellow/brown color. im sure its nothing but reinsure me so i can stop freaking out :(

KairaandTaz08

Juvie Member
Well, I'm not sure how much I can ease your worries, but perhaps I'll "bump" your post up so it gets more attention.
The "white" color you mentioned, sounds like a shed which would indicate she is growing. Have you seen her shed before? She does sound a bit on the small side, but my two are a little larger than the "average" beardie...and older now. Are you measuring her from the tip of her nose to the tip of her tail? Beardies do have different growth spurts, so it's really not "fair" to compare her to your other beardie. However, there may be something wrong with her diet or lights that are causing this.
To know for sure, I'd need to get a general idea of your set up and lighting. Beardies need UVB rays (there are several different kinds) to help them digest their food, absorb Vitamin D3, and for many other reasons. Is she thin? Does she have any "bumps" or signs of curving in her spine? That would indicate metabolic bone disease, which could cause stunted growth and many other problems. It is preventable if they are getting the correct UVB rays. Do you know what light(s) you are using and how far away she is from them? (The distance she needs to be from the light will vary with the brand and type of light, some UVB lights aren't really healthy for beardies, too, so this is important to know). What are the temps in her cage and what type of thermometer are you using to measure them? (Many don't give accurate readings).
Also, what is her diet consisted of? Live feeders? Greens? And are you dusting her feeders with vitamins and calcium? If so, what brands/kinds? And how often?
This is just a short list of questions and things to consider...there's a much more detailed "list" of questions (I believe it's under Beardie ER or Health) that would help determine the problem, if there is one, if you don't mind filling it out. I can copy and paste it here if you can't locate it.
I'm sorry I wasn't able to offer more advice. Try not to worry, there are many helpful people on the site who will be able to offer more insight.
I hope everything is ok with her,
Abi

Beardielover94

Original Poster
she has a 7% uvb bilp on the right side of the tank on top of a typical fish tank lid and on the "hot side of the tank there is no lid and it has a basking light and an infrared light shining down on her hot rock and she has another one on the side to so heat is not a problem, don't get med but i dont have thermometer in there....... :( i will get 1 today hope that helps

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
You want to get a digital with probe or a temp gun. I wonder also if you can answer the rest of the questions on foods offered as well as the calcium and vitamin supplements. Do you use that infra red at night ? No need to do that as it can keep a dragon awake, and then you have an unhappy, grumpy baby !
Also, are you offering baths 3-4 times a week ? This helps with hydration as well as helping those sheds alot !
Thanks,
Janie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom