I am sad and pointless lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
To quote our fav thread ever on the forum I have had the most sad and pointless first night with my baby Yoda. I woke up 4 times in the night to come and check on her - I HAVE GONE MAD!!!!!!!! I left her to rest of course I am not mean but had to do a temp check and look closely to make sure she was still breathing its like I was over my kids when they were newborn - whats that about ?!?!?

Now I know people say once you fall for a BD you have had it but nothing could have prepared me for this. I am totally besotted and seriously like I was when my kids were born. Instant love as soon as I knew I was getting one - Like being pregnant!! dreaming about bringing her home and as soon as I saw her I knew it was her I wanted. I am loved up to the eye balls and it really is like I have 3 children now. Well 4 if you include my husband lolol.

One question though how do you usually rouse your beardies in the morning??? Seems awfully mean to just bung the light on when she is fast asleep I wouldnt like it. Ought I wait for her to wake naturally then put it on ?????

Right I best go and get sorted taking my kids for a day with Santa today - shame I cant take Yoda its too cold :(((((((((((
Roll on summer she will be coming everywhere with me then :)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Much love Steph - oh and merry beardie christmas xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

bdchip

umm i have a timer and there lights just turn on. i am getting this timer thing that has a dusk and dawn effect. 30 mins before lights are supposed to go out they start dimming slowly until that 30 mins is up then they are out. and when they come on, 30 mins b4 fully on they start "warming up"

newbiebeardie

Original Poster
bdchip":2b2d4 said:
umm i have a timer and there lights just turn on. i am getting this timer thing that has a dusk and dawn effect. 30 mins before lights are supposed to go out they start dimming slowly until that 30 mins is up then they are out. and when they come on, 30 mins b4 fully on they start "warming up"
great ill try that thanks

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I had to laugh when I read your post. :p Doesn't take long to become a beardie slave, does it? It's true, they are SO much like babies since they rely totally on us for their care. I think it makes it harder on us because they don't make any vocal sounds like a cat or dog would, so it's hard to know when they need/want things and we just have to watch for "beardie signs" that they are yearning for something. You will get to know all of those if you don't already. When my 4 were babies, I did the same thing, checked to make sure they were breathing, fearing they weren't but they're all adults now, so not as worrisome anymore.

To answer your question about the best way to wake them up in the morning. It actually depends on how much time you have available because they don't tend to wake up very quickly. If you are rushed for time (like I am on work mornings), then you can turn the lights on, go about your business, then go check on your baby who will start stirring in about 1/2 hr after lights come on so that you can move him to his basking spot if he needs your assistance. But, if you have the time, you can just let him wake up on his own and then turn his lights on so he will warm up nicely before feeding. It's a good idea to let them warm up for about an hr before feeding. Some people have their lights on timers, but since i have 4 beardies, I haven't made the investment.

Hope this helps. Let us know if we can help further and good luck being a beardie slave like the rest of us. :wink:

slavetoIzzie

Sub-Adult Member
You are definitely NOT sad or pointless! You are a mere human, who has been given the blessing of a Beardie master!

BTW, how do you think I feel? I went from protesting about getting "a ugly, scaley thing", to completely gaga over the "lil sweetie-boo". All in less than 2 hours of meeting Izzie for the first time! Can we say :whip: ??

Neromom39

Gray-bearded Member
It is so refeshing to know that the crazy "human behavior" was not limited to just me. They way my Nero looks at me sometimes I wonder if he thinks I'm a little bonkers with all of the baby talk. I know my 16 year old daughter thinks I'm a nut job. But he's a joy to have and I look forward to watching him get bigger.

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
What a lovely story!
I felt that way about both my babies. The minute I saw Dex and Ruben I knew I was supposed to be their slave.

They are so utterly fascinating and can be such loving and affectionate pets.
Im sure you will have a wonderful life together.

And whenever you feel all muched up with beardie love, go check the Beardie Tales forums and the Photo Expressions forums.
You'll see we're all besotted fools.

Holly

MissT

BD.org Addict
diamc":4ddf2 said:
But, if you have the time, you can just let him wake up on his own and then turn his lights on so he will warm up nicely before feeding.

I wish this worked for me, but Miss Abu refuses to get up until she is literally forced into the light lol! If I left her to wake up by herself, she would still be asleep at dinner time!!! lol!!! So she needs a slightly gentle, but firm, awakening each morning.
She goes to bed, wrapped up in her blankie, on her lovely cushion. I switch the lights on in the morning, about a half hour before I remove the blankie. After I remove the blankie, I leave her on her cushion, so she has time to adjust herself before venturing to the basking spot. My (future) mother-in-law stays at home with her all day so shes got plenty of time to make sure Abu is nicely warmed up before feeding.

For Kazi, I pull his towel back before lights on and usually find him glass dancing within 5 minutes as if to say 'hey, lady, switch my sun on!!'

ashesc212

Sub-Adult Member
Awe! What a sweet post! I love my animals as if they were my own flesh and blood so I definitely can relate to waking up at night to check on them. Anyway, they are pretty easy-going and will wake up quickly if they see the light in the morning. If you don't turn the light on they usually will wake up in their own time anyway when they see the daylight coming into the windows. I find that in most cases my beardie copies my schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom