I am a first time bearded dragon mom and i am worried...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You really need to check the temps with a proper thermometer and make sure they are correct. They should be like around 105 for the basking temp and around 80-85 cool side and no less then 65 at night. The best uv bulb is the reptisun 10.0 tube bulb. I use paper towels and I find it to be a great and very easy substrate to use. If he doesn't walk right you should really get him into a vet, if he didn't have the correct lighting (or vitamins) prior to you having him then he could possibly have metabolic bone disease, but hopefully not! Good luck!

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I thought you had said that the tank temps are set at 97-100 for the warm side and between 70 and 80 for the cool side. It's very important that you get either an infrared temperature gun or digital thermometer with a long wire & probe end as those are the only 2 ways to get an accurate reading.

The compact and coil UVB's are useless and can actually be dangerous because they put out too much UV rays in the beginning and then decline very rapidly. Since he had no UVB before you got him, his walking difficulty may be from metabolic bone disease so it's important that you get a good UVB light and also you can take him outside (with a leesh) for some sunshine. How often are you dusting his feeders with calcium & vitamins?

squanel

Original Poster
I have been giving his calcium every day and have the right lights on him he was doing great but this morning i took him out side and after about 30 mins he went into panic mode and took off and tried to crawl under my porch i had to grab him before he got under it but i think i might have hurt him he hasn't moved since i put him back in his tank and if i touch his back leg he twitches a lil bit then tires to bite me. I am worried sick about him..................... I didn't know they made leashes :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FalkorBeardie :3
Top Bottom