Hydration

Status
Not open for further replies.

SargeUSMC

Hatchling Member
Altho we have clean, fresh water in the bowl daily, I've never seen this dragon drink. I hand feed greens that are washed, so it gets water that way. I let it sit in the warm bath of the sink 3-4 times a week. It's as "regular" as clockwork.......every morning, 2 hrs after the light comes on.......always with the white "urine"........I'm reading about hydrating here abouts......people talk about force hydrating.....how is that done exactly? Is that like with an eyedropper or a syringe? DoI need to be concerned? Are there any signs of dehydration I need to look for?

KirbysMom

I'm not sure how old your beardie is. But if he is an adult bathing him would give him enough water, along with his greens. I'm not sure where you're reading the fore issue.

If you pinch the upper part of his skin (where his 'arm pitt' would be) and it doesn't go back to normal quick, that would give a good indication that he is. Usually you can tell if he starts smacking his lips. But if you're bathing him and he's dehydrated he'll start drinking. Remember bathing him more often would be better.

Hope this helped :wink:

SargeUSMC

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
you're describing tenting of the skin with a pinch. Same for us.

Bathe more often. Copy that.

Pablo is young. < 6 mos. Don't know exactly.

KirbysMom

Ok if you're not having tenting of the skin then you're ok. :) Since he's not an adult yet, I would recommend bathing him just whenever you have free time. Try to make sure he's in there for at least 10 minutes.

Sounds like your over worrying :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom