HURRY I NEED HELP!!!!!***

Status
Not open for further replies.

smileychick12

A few weeks ago i took my Beardie outside for a normal bask in the sun and I caught him eating grass. He has now got so sick and just sulks. I tried putting him in a warm blanket and fed him water just one day which he seemed to like. I read on a few forums to feed him applesauce with olive oil or canned pumpkin with olive oil and give him baths. What should I do? He's wasting away and I feel absolutely horrible! Please, I need some guidance here! Much appreciated!

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
Sorry that your dragon is not well. Can you please give us some info on your setup, temps, uv light, substrate, etc?

I take mine outside & he eats clover & grass & has never gotten sick. Is there a possibility the grass could have fertalizer or chemicals on it? How long have you had him? I really hope he feels better soon. I know the helpless feeling. I've watched 3 geckos waste away. Two died but the other one pulled through & now she is my largest gecko. They weren't all sick at the same time. The one that survived didn't eat for a year except some jump start. There's always hope. Hang in there.

What is the symptons of your bearded dragon? Can you post a picture.

I just had another thought. My moms dog got whip worms & the vet said it came from contaminated dirt. Take him to the vet & have him checked for a parasite. That is the only thing I worry about with my dragon eating our grass. We have dogs that poop in the yard. I clean it up but still.....

A parasite could be making him very sick. Have him tested ASAP.

smileychick12

Original Poster
I have a both lamps and a huge cage for him and he has been the most gentle beardie up to this point. He would eat about 6 superworms a day. I drove to the store as quick as i could and picked up some pumpkin and olive oil and put him in a warm bath. I had a syringe and tried giving him the food but he wouldn't take it. I feel so bad for the little guy. Thanks for all the help though! I assume its from fertalizer in the grass though. :(

Ok. Here's another problem. You said you give him about 6 superworms a day. Has he been going to the bathroom for you. I was giving mine 2 superworms a day & he became impacted (didn't go to the bathroom for almost two weeks). When he finally did go I saw the impaction part. It was very hard when I pooked it with a toothpick & it just looked different from his other poop. Just becareful & watch that. I recently started roaches (in place of crickets) & I love that. Never thought I would though. It's not bad at all. Way better than crickets.

So it sounds like he may be poisoned at this time. I am not sure if there is anything a vet could do for that or not. You may want to just give the vet a quick call.

I really do hope he pulls out of it.

XyGorf

The grass was probably fertilized or something. Like melissadiane7 said, lay off the superworms. They're only meant to be a treat- not the dragon's staple diet. When last has he had a bowel movement? Also, it is possible that he may have contracted some or other bacteria from the grass that he ate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eragon21
Top Bottom