Hurrican Prep?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix17June2009

Gray-bearded Member
hello all,
As those of your in the souther part of the US know we are being faced with two hurricans. so my question what do you all have in your "pet emergancy kits" ? I have a few things (i have 3 dogs and 2 lizards) in place already but i was just curious as to what you all place in yours?

Tonja

BD.org Addict
i would put hand warmers in your kit...that way if you lose power your beardies can stay warm. Also some bottled water just to be safe, coming to colorado from hurricane country I always kept bottled water for my dogs, now for my lizards and my dogs in case we get snowed in. Sometimes our pipes freeze no matter what we do. i would also get some baby food <chicken, sweet potatoes and squash> in case you cant get out to get food. If you lose power, then after the storm you can take your babies out for sunshine to get their uvb's. Stay safe, dont know what the catagories are for either hurricane, guess I should look. But your babies should be fine. Hope all of you in the southern US stay safe and arent badly affected by these storms.

Phoenix17June2009

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
we are always buying those hand warmer things... i swear everytime i go somehwer ei get more lol so we have plenty lol but i do appreciate the ideas!!

its not set to hit us until wednesday so on monday-tuesday i'll be going to get some wormies, will seperate out some veggies (will have a cooler available in chance we need it) we did just buy a case of bottled water, have collapsable dog water bowl and have some dog food that i have seperated into ziplock bags for my three babies :p glad to know i'm doing something right!! we also went and got more canned stuff that can just be popped open and eaten without power (little stuff like spaghetti, pork n beans - stuff like that.) so i was just making sure i was doing right by all my babies, i'm not so much worried about myself more my babies :) you know how it is!

yes we will do our best to stay safe, i'm more worried about the tornados that could spin off of these hurricans, i'm in alabama pretty far from the coast so i have also cleaned out our storm shelter and have some stuff in there and ready to go as well. i figured we will be soaked so for us i have a change of clothes, batteries, maglight, am planning to put some of hte dog stuff in there and water and stuff like that will go down on monday when i get home from work. dont worry i also have a lantern inside as well in case we loose power

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom