Hungry Beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warrior

Hatchling Member
I've had my BD since May 2010 and it's never been a big eater, it'd eat 2 or 3 locust/crickets/dubia and then refuse anymore.

Over the winter months it's been hiding on the cool side of it's viv and hardly moving or eating at all.
Now he wolfs down as many insects as I give him, he's running after them, taking them from my hand whereas he used to just sit and wait for them to come near.

Is this a normal "spring time" occurrence? Or should I call an Exorcist?

Kaiser

Juvie Member
Ha ha, at least it's not the other way around, which would be something to worry about! Though the lack of eating beforehand could have been a problem, it seems to have rectified itself now. Anyway, if he's an older bearded dragon, he may have been brumating over the winter, where they dramatically decrease their activity and food intake. They come out after the winter season, which may explain the increase in appetite (though it doesn't really explain why he wasn't a big eater before the winter...). Like I said, at least it isn't the other way around! Glad to hear he's eating more. :]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom