humidity

Status
Not open for further replies.

HUMBOLDTGUY

the humidity in my tank is so low it doesnt even read on the guage....is this bad....i live in the most humid place on earth...when i pull it out of the viv it reads at 70% but when i put it inside it drops until it gets so low i just get 2 dashes on it instead of a number

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Between what numbers does your gauge read?
What I mean is.........
I've had several and some of them don't read anything under 36%(if under 36% it will show you dashes) or over 90% (if over 90% it shows dashes) could this be what is happening with yours?

Save levels of humidity would be between 30ish% to no higher than 50%.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Personally I would not mist the entire viv. If it is just under 30% it is not going to hurt your beardie. Plus I wanted to tell you that some of those humidity gauges suck. I use them for my incubator an I find that I'm buying a new one a couple of times a year. It might be malfunctioning.

If your worried about your beardie...an until a more educated member shows up to answer your question...you might give your beardie a bath to make sure he is staying hydrated.

I wouldn't worry so much about the low humidity it's the higher humidity that I know of that causes problems.

Edit I can't help but ask is your username like Humboldt county Ca.?

HUMBOLDTGUY

Original Poster
yeah....i live in arcata...

i do give her a bath everyday as its the only way i can get her to go poo...as for the guage its a thermometer and hydrometer and there is a probe for each...

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I would definitely double check the humidity gauge, because that just doesn't seem possible that it would not increase accordingly.
I agree with Barbara though, do not mist the entire tank. You don't want any mold issues to develop.
Can you post a picture of your tank for us?
You could put a water dish on the warm side of the tank to help with humidity if it really is needed.

Tracie

HUMBOLDTGUY

Original Poster
it increases if i pull it out of the tank....but once i put it inside it goes below 30 and once below 30 it goes blank
heres a pic
3281_1112115653886_1556740409_1873698_1468452_n.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Ok, the tank looks good. Try moving the water dish over to the warm side, that helps increase evaporation of the water which should help to increase the overall humidity in the tank for her.
What is the humidity of the room then?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom