Humidity too High!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyryce

Hatchling Member
I have read that the humidity in the beardies enclosure should be below 30%. Since summer has started the humidity in his enclosure has gotten up to 53%. I am running a dehumidifier constantly during the day but can only get the humidity down between 39-44% and would like to get it lower still. Is there some type of drying agent that can safely be used in his enclosure to remove moisture? Maybe something that can be hung (he can't crawl up on things so as long as it sits above the height of his head it will be okay) Does anyone have any suggestions? I am afraid my little one is going to end up with an RI.

Thanks

Danielle

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Your humidity levels can be safely between 30% and 55% you don't want it to be over 55%.
If your using a water dish take it out you can bath your beardie to hydrate.
Rice absorbs moisture so you could use a sock stuffed with rice.... :idea:

You can put his water dish in for a few hours a day and have it out the rest of the day and give bathes everyother a day i agree with the upper post. I have heard of peple putting rice in the enclosure they said it works great. beardies also get a lot of there fluids from the crickets roaches worms and salad they eat. So you dont despretlty need a water dish all the time. you can also take your beardie out of the cage to spend time with you and shut off the lights to realease the humidity.

tyryce

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Aweomse!...Thanks for the replies. I will try the rice sock. I had stopped using a water dish once the weather started to get warmer and humidity got higher. This will be easy enough for me to set up...thanks again!

Danielle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peapthis
Top Bottom