Humidity problems? Maybe this could help.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I see tons of threads asking about how to reduce humidity.
Well today I was at Cal-Ranch and spotted something that looked cool and might just help.
(I haven't actually researched them yet so I'm purely guessing at this point) I was in the sporting goods section looking at gun safes and came across gun safe dehumidifiers. I would assume you could find them at any sporting goods store. They are reasonably small and should be able to set right inside your habitat. I'll attach a couple pics.

Attachments

• 20230708_171329.jpg
    20230708_171329.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 82
  • 20230708_171325.jpg
    20230708_171325.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 55

Groggyfroggie

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Draco
My humidifier is probably similar to this, just bigger and lasts longer. I stick it in the corner of his tank and it helps reduce about 8~10 percent humidity. Really useful for me living in a crazy humid area!

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
When I lived in Florida it was impossible to keep it down, nothing worked.
But honestly puff never once had issues because of it. I'm of a mind if the humidity causes a problem there was likely some other underlying issue also. I live in Las Vegas now and its the other end of the spectrum, the humidity here gets down to 3 to 6 percent in the summer. Likewise my dragons seem ok with that also. No kind of respotory issues and shed just fine.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vinny2010b
Top Bottom