HUMIDITY EXTREMELY LOW

Status
Not open for further replies.

spike5

Having SO MUCH trouble getting the humidity UP! We got a humidifier and even mist him in the cage to help increase the percentage. For the last week our outside temp has been dropping and the heat in my building apt is on and due to this the apt becomes dry. His temps are great -up to 101 during the day. He's in a NEW 40g tank with a 100 watt basking bulb, a porcelain heat emitter and a T8 (? think that's what it's called...the one HIGHLY recommended-we have that).

No matter what we try, during peak times during the day his humidity averages around 11%...dropping down to 5%. If it is at 21% we are beyond relieved. We take him out of his viv because it is so low and he seems to be happiest then. Very concerned this low humidity can be harmful (vs the extreme of too much humidity). ANY advice PLEASE! Thanks in advance!

Suzy

Gail

BD.org Addict
Don't worry about it. I've been keeping dragons for a number of years and our humidity drops down to 10 or lower in the winter and my dragons have never been bothered by it. Give baths every 2-3 days, especially during a shed.

spike5

Original Poster
Just want to say thank you...felt so much better when I saw your reply ;-) He's actually been playing a bit more in his viv so hopefully he's acclimating to this level-thanks again...big relief!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom