Humidity and my beardie swallowing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axelm

I have a all living things terrarium 40 gallon with a very small bowl of water in it I have a 30” uvb light strip and a zoomed 100w basking bulb in the lamp and some how the humidity stays at 48-50% and I’m not sure what to do to lower it I’m going to try a different thermometer just in case but any suggestions would be nice and she also keeps pushing her beard out and in every so often but it seems to be just swallowing her owner also said it was normal but just want to make sure it has nothing to do with the humidity

Picklepies

Hatchling Member
Hi :) unless your beardie drinks from the water bowl its not super essential, and removing it may help lower the humidity. I got mine from 45% to 35% by using a small 'bead' dehumidifier like this

https://www.officeoutlet.com/office-supplies/cleaning/air-fresheners/interior-dehumidifier-235-gram/?gclid=Cj0KCQjw7Z3VBRC-ARIsAEQifZQLfIWJftRVWtKfoD-J9GncwGed1h-uYFl0o72nK31YLpnJQbBM33AaAhe1EALw_wcB

I got 2 for £1 from pound land :) just put it somewhere in the tank your beardie can't get to (I put a small shelf at the top) and it should hopefully help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buddy- The Bearded Dragon
Top Bottom