Humidity 70-90% at night??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so I just moved into a new house and it's a crappy college house without central AC. my boys tank, only at night, ends up being anywhere from 70-100%, but normally hangs out on the higher side. I know this isn't good for him, but what should I do? I normally always have the window open with a fan running, and his tank is fine during the day. But at night it always gets so high and I don't know how to help him. I take out his big water dish every night and he has a mesh wire top to his tank. I don't want him to get sick, but I don't know what to do.. please help!! Thanks!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
You need to get a dehumidifier for that room hes in--- look on line and try and find one 70-100% is way too high-- you need to keep the room closed up w/ that dehumidifier running -- get a hygrometer for the room and I am assuming you have one for the tank
Karrie

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Does it feel really humid to you as well? 90% is awfully high. What are you using to measure it? It might be worth calibrating a hygrometer to make sure you're getting an accurate reading. It's common for humidity to spike when the lights are off overnight, but that seems high to me. If it's an accurate reading, I agree that a dehumidifier should be used if possible.

Badlands08

Original Poster
I'm using the hygro-thermo meter I received when I bought his tank. Do you think I should get a new one? Maybe to see if this one's off? Also, I bought a humidifier today that will be arriving tomorrow so I hope that helps.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
You bought a humidifier or a dehumidifier? You can get a hygrometer w/ probe a digital one on line - I just bought two of them from dubia roaches.com--
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julielps
Top Bottom