Huge Appetite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all,

Recently my beardie has gone from eating very sparingly (I had 100 PWL + greens and that lasted two weeks) to voracious (over 200 PWL + about twice as many greens in the last week and a half). I'm thinking he just came out of brumation or something and that's why it's increased, though he was still fairly active for the last few months. Now I'm scrambling to keep up with his food supply since I wasn't expecting such a hit so quickly.

Anyone having similar issues? How do you keep up with them?

unkempt1

Juvie Member
I have that issue all the time. My dragon's appetite changes frequently, usually depending on if she's recently shed. I feed crickets and roaches, and I keep an eye on how many she eats daily (I buy crickets 100 at a time). One night I ran out, so I gave her what was left and in the morning loaded her dish with greens to hold her over until the pet store opened. She wasn't happy about it, but she lived through it and destroyed the crickets we brought home later in the morning. :D

Nicholas

Hatchling Member
You could order bulk crickets online, I used recorp.ca (I know they ship to your area) they carry just about every feeder but pw. Its cheaper this way, and saves you the hassle of going to the pet store all the time.

beardieparents7780

Hatchling Member
My two males go back and forth. My older male 7 months loves crickets,roaches and worms basically anything he can run down and eat. He always goes straight for his greens as well. The other 4 months old though he tends to be more picky. He leans more towards worms and greens. I think it's the fact that he was housed with my bigger male at the pet store and had no chance at grabbing crickets with the bigger one there, so I think his instincts is to go to the food bowl. Here's a pick of the two lounging on my wife's back.
413C35BC-8D59-44AC-AA8D-18E94EE40EC7-12568-000002479F43B625_zpscc74b191.jpg

The younger one seems to be coming around eating crickets more now but not as much as the older.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom