"Huffing" Sounds? & Bug Bombing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shy4nn3

Hello, okay so, here is what has happened.

When my cat gets on my beardies nerves he will run at her and when I pick him up I can hear him making a "huffing" sound. Sounds like a forced/hard human sigh. Well, about 2 weeks ago, I got him out of his viv and he climbed up to my neck and I could hear him make a few huffing sounds. He has been making this sound more frequently now. He is not afraid of me in any way, I mean he climbs back up my arm when I go to put him in his viv and everything. Now that he has been at my friend's house since Tuesday night (today is Thursday), he makes the sound everytime I get him out. I understand that he is stressed because it is a new place, smells different, and its boring bc he just sits in her room. He also has not been eating regularlly the past week and he finally had a bowel movement today after 3 days without one. He also didnt really eat anything the past three days except for a few wax worms on tuesday night. Is this just something he does now, is he stressed, scared, or can it be illness related?

We had an ant problem, as do most people this year. We bug bombed the house on Wednesday morning. I brought my beardie to a friends house Tuesday night. On the can of bug bombing stuff it said that it was safe for humans and pets after 4 hours and 30 minutes of open windows but I am be cautious with my reptile. When do you all think it will be okay for me to take him back to my house? And would shampooing the carpets be best before letting him down to run around. I understand that the carpet may still have bug killer fog in it or something but will the chemicals in shampoo be too much for him also since he is so close to the ground? He really does not seem to like it here. It is stressing him out even more than he has been lately.

I emailed my vet these questions to get his opinion also but I do not know when he will reply back to me and he does not own a beardie so I can not trust him opinion whole heartedly.

Thank you beardie parents, Im stressing out here with all the other new beardie parents.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

When he makes the huffing sound is he inflating his body and puffing out his beard?

Do you know the humidity in the tank?
What are the temperatures in the tank and how are you measuring them?
Do you notice any mucus in his mouth?

-Brandon

Shy4nn3

Original Poster
No, he is not puffing or inflating anything. The vet said it could be territorial or maybe he is ready for mating.

I do not know the humidity in his tank but my house has very low humidity and the only water he gets in his tank is from his greens. No mucus in his mouth, looks normal. and his temperatures are 105 in the basking spot and all around temperature is 78, I think. I just moved him back home bc the vet said it would be safe to. And for now, I am still using the crappy stick onto the side of the tank thermometers but I plan on updating to digital when I get some extra money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwe6634ee1
Top Bottom