Huffing and Puffing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shy4nn3

Okay, quick question to calm my nerves. I do not have tme to look through forums right now.

I got my beardie out, Safaree, and he was running around and such. Well, i picked him up when he ran into my dark bedroom and he was making little huffing sounds. We did just get a new cat that likes to follow him around way too close. So, is this just him getting a little aggitated or is this him having some sort of trouble breathing?

Please reply soon to ease my mind. =)

Thanks, Shyanne

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Shyann....well, if he continues for a long time, there may be a problem. Does he have a black beard ? Is he frightened right now or calming down ? By the way, cats are natural predators, and the instinct to kill can kick in , especially since you don't know for sure how this new cat will react to a small prey-like animal. Make sure there are no little puncture type wounds that the cat may have inflicted when you didn't see them in the dark room.

Shy4nn3

Original Poster
they weren't alone in there. She just bops him on the head. And his beard has been getting a little darker around the edges here lately. He seems to be getting annoyed with me here lately though too. And he just snuggled into his basket and blanket and went to sleep after I picked him up. I didn't notice any clicking. Can a vet determine an upper respiratory issue easily. And he doesn't seem to mind the cat too terribly much, he just runs around like nor al. He makes me so nervous bc im still a new mommy. =/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom