How you named your dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

HaleyRose

My first dragon, Athena, was originally Apollo for about a month before I was 100% on the sex. She's an orange color, hence Apollo. But I'm not going to give a female a male name so Athena was the next best thing that fit!
And then Lucifer was named because he used to be very aggressive. I adopted both of my dragons from my work at Petsmart, and Lucifer actually bit part of Athena' tail when they were tank mates and she's missing the tip of her tail. Now Lucifer isn't aggressive, but it's a fitting name for him nonetheless. He's a gorgeous yellow leatherback. His color was always gray before I took him home. I definitely never expected him to turn colors. They're adorable little 9 month olds~

HaleyRose

My first dragon, Athena, was originally Apollo for about a month before I was 100% on the sex. She's an orange color, hence Apollo. But I'm not going to give a female a male name so Athena was the next best thing that fit!
And then Lucifer was named because he used to be very aggressive. I adopted both of my dragons from my work at Petsmart, and Lucifer actually bit part of Athena' tail when they were tank mates and she's missing the tip of her tail. Now Lucifer isn't aggressive, but it's a fitting name for him nonetheless. He's a gorgeous yellow leatherback. His color was always gray before I took him home. I definitely never expected him to turn colors. They're adorable little 9 month olds~

Deadroc9

That's so funny, when I first bought mine I wanted to name him apollo if he was a boy and athena if she was a girl. I figured out he was a boy and now he is named Zeus. I think I just liked that name better. :)

ToothlessTheDragon

Hatchling Member
i named my little guy (thats not so little) toothless after the dragon out of how to train your dragon
and i did not know that he had teeth but i soon found out that he did indeed have teeth :lol:

Brookles

I have two juveniles, and I couldn't help myself. I had to go with GoT names. Since I have a boy and a girl, they are Khal and Khaleesi. I love them so much! And it worked out great. Khal is a darker colored leatherback, and Khaleesi is a pale normal. So there's that wonderful contrast.

cadiex

I named mine when I was drunk with my friends a few nights after I got him. Being drunk, I just thought it was hilarious to name his Wizard because it rhymes with lizard.....

So now I just call him Wiz.

MamaTater

Hatchling Member
I had inherited a dragon from a friend who named him a most unimaginative "Rusty". I changed that quickly to Sara. Don't ask why, the name just hit me while I was staring at him. You guessed it. I figured out the whole femoral pores thing and oh, my. Sara just wouldn't do. The closest sounding name I could come up with was Stuart. We'd done some bonding and it's my dream to have a roaming dragon I can call hither to me. At any rate...
Then I come across 2 "clutch mates" in need of a decent home.The small one called Bella (gag) and the bigger one Drago (double gag). Well, by now I had a bit of a theme going on and after little deliberation settled on Stella and Stanley. Really, those were the only two olderish names I could come up with also starting with S.
So, there ya go. :D
Good topic. Any excuse to go on about them!

We have a Discworld naming theme for all of our small animals. Our first beardie was named Gytha after Nanny Ogg, one of the Discworld witches. Our new little girl is Esme, after Granny Weatherwax, one of the other Discworld witches. We also have a hedgehog named Nuggan, and previously had a dumbo rat named Nobby Nobbs.

kayladklein

When I first got my beardie, he was labeled a Fancy Dragon......so obviously he needed a fancy name. Therefore, Pierre is what I call him! :D

My guy didn't have a name for the first week I had him... nothing just seemed to click. Then, after he had escaped his viv three times (turns out he nosed the screen loose) and scared me half to death by making friends with the family cat, the name Loki after the Norse god of mischief just seemed very appropriate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom