how to wash repti carpet? safely....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessd123

so i have repti carpet in bogeys tank right now still trying to fit the slate tile as of right now im gonna have to use the repti carpet until i get time to sand the pieces the rest of the way... it says they are machine washable... i cant imagine u being able to use detergent on it... it friggin' stinks. what would u guys suggest? im guessing bleach... it is green it will probably stain... but it is just temporary... get back to me! :)

msmaui

Juvie Member
When I was using reptile carpet I just soaked them in the sink with liquid detergent. They came out just fine, didn't smell or anything.

Freeie

Extreme Poster
I put mine in the washer on gentle they came out fine just dont put them in the drier :( i learned that the hard way... shrinkage!

Embee

Gray-bearded Member
I scrub out urates with a toothbrush and vinegar, and then rinse in the tub with hot water. I then soak it in the tub with water and vinegar for a bit, and hang to dry. :)

Venom508

Juvie Member
id say give it a soak in methylatied spirits cuz it kills almost anything. and give it a rinse, let it dry

and cuz metho is pure alcohol it evapperates almost right away leving no residue

Jessd123

Original Poster
cool i like the vinegar idea cuz we actually have some lol. the alcohol idea is great but i dont have any on hand right now and it really needs a washin asap. thanks guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom