How to use an Accurite digi thermom.....?

Status
Not open for further replies.

namrufmot

Hatchling Member
I have an Accurite digi thermom...the kind with the external probe attached to a wire.

When I put the prob on top on my DIY rock structure the heat goes THROUGH the roof...like temps over 130. Even though it feels luke warm to my hand and Ramses will happily bask in it - so I know it's not accurate. The heat is being reflected off the rock somehow and giving me inacurrate temps.

Would it work if I put the probe on top of some paper (like a tissue) then put it on top on the rock?

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
Have you tried switching the probe for the actual unit... it should read two temperatures one from the unit and one from the probe. Try testing with the probe, find a way to elevate it up from the rock and see if you get lower temperatures.

namrufmot

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
OMG I didn't know that the thermom unit itself was also a thermom lol...

I shall put both in the same spot to compare. If they are accurate I'll put prbe in the basking area and the unit in the cool side rather than constantly moving it :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom