How to tell if a dragon is carrying eggs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a bearded dragon and she is around 20 months old. She spends most of her time on the hammock. Lately she has been quite lazy.. just by looking at her she has half shut eyes quite often recently- which is not usual.

Also she doesn't sleep in her cave. She now sleeps in the corner of the tank- which is also unusual behavior for her. She buries her head..

Her belly is quite rounded.. If you want to see a picture let me know.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
[Moved from General to Breeding (until it'd been determined that she's not gravid)]

Had she suddenly stopped eating and been digging a lot?

Because infertile eggs can't always been seen or felt from the outside, the only way to be sure is having an x-ray taken.

Just how round is she? Anything like this?
2011_03-30b.jpg

(this was taken 2 days before Digi laid her very first clutch of 26 eggs)

Or this?
2012_04-07.jpg

(this was taken 21 days before MoMo laid her very first clutch of 27 eggs)

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Hmmm, looks like she's developing a preggie tummy, but hard to be sure as it could just be her storing for the winter.

If you can't get her a vet visit for x-rays (for whatever reason; not here to judge), you can increase her calcium and fluids intake, just in case, then wait and see what happens.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Bamber1996":2w1z60l1 said:
Ok. Will look into X-ray. Is there any symptoms i should look out for?
No interest in food of any kind and leaving mini poops & lots of urates throughout the day would be the top two tell-tale signs of having eggs. Some beardies are known to excessively dig in their tanks.

Be warned that an x-ray is not cheap, if you happen to be tight on finances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
camila
Top Bottom