how to put hammock up

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarah91

I bought two reptile hammocks today and the suction cups wont stay on the wood and back of viv.

I tried them on other surfaces and they work so I know it's the surface but I dont know how to fit them on now.

I was thinking glue dots or silicone but I dont want to damage the viv if I can help it and dont want to put anything in that could hurt my beardies.

Any ideas?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Since it's wood you could use a small finishing nail or screw.

If you used silicone you'd want to let it air out for awhile before putting your dragon back in. Silicons put off some nasty VOC's, you don't want to be breathing them and you definitely don't want your dragon to.

I work with silicone all the time in my line of work, and the one time I ever did in a not very well ventilated area nearly sent me home. It's some harsh stuff in an enclosed area.

-Brandon

sarah91

Original Poster
Hi Brandon.
Thanks for the reply. Im just worried the babys would catch themselves on a screw/nail?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
As long as you have it hammered/screwed in all the way, it should be flush against the wall.

-Brandon

bunnyrut

Gray-bearded Member
there are also command strips. they have plastic hooks you can use.
any place that sells hardware has them.

dom02

bunnyrut":2gi6wql6 said:
there are also command strips. they have plastic hooks you can use.
any place that sells hardware has them.

Thats what I use for my reptile hammock. works great. And since the hammock is just hanging on the hooks it's easy to take out to make cleaning his tank easier, as well as cleaning the hammock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom