How to mount fixture inside tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! It would seem the closer I get to getting my dragon, the scarier it all has been as well as I've been having a myriad of REALLY stupid questions haha. The issue is I bought a fixture from walmart, the light fits, but lo and behold it doesn't have any holes on the back. It only has holes on the top for if you were mounting it inside of a cabinet. However, I need it to go.. inside the tank, mounted via the side. I can't just use the top mounts for the side because it then flashes the light obnoxiously more towards us than the lizard. I was going to use those command hooks but.. I can't, no holes.

I was reading using means of command tape, velcro, etc, and I wanted to know if... I could do that? It's really light, it's only plastic, so it's not DANGEROUSLY HEAVY but i'm still really really scared it'll fall.

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
If you have a top, you can always use wire and hang it using that if it makes you feel safer. I've heard of people using velcro and things that are safe for 3-5 pounds, but plenty of people just use wire as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom