how to make my beardy gain some weight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
cjsdragons: It's mealworms that have no nutritional value, superworms or kingworms are well known to be good for beardies. They've been a staple for my beardies for over 6 years, with other bugs as treats. If you want to see the result of crickets & supers, here's a pic of my Rubio, he's 22" long & 749g:
2010003-1.jpg

Paradon

Sub-Adult Member
Dubias are extremely easy...and so is lobsters. Both of these are prolific under the right condition.

cjsdragons

Hatchling Member
sweetiepie9":2xgxjc2v said:
cjsdragons: It's mealworms that have no nutritional value, superworms or kingworms are well known to be good for beardies. They've been a staple for my beardies for over 6 years, with other bugs as treats. If you want to see the result of crickets & supers, here's a pic of my Rubio, he's 22" long & 749g:
2010003-1.jpg
im still on the fence about superworms most people just feed them directly from a pet store and the gutload there is extremely marginal
if your gutloading them on your own than of course there great anything homemade goes the extra mile

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I have a roach colony too that is doing great, but I have only one of my five dragons that will eat them. Even my gecko isn't eating the babies. So I'm hoping to eventually get the other 4 dragons eating them, as I know they're very nutritious & have alot more meat than supers. I gut load the supers nightly with what greens my dragons haven't eaten during the day, they seem to like it, also add in veggies like squash, they love that. So that's why I find them an easy staple to give my gang & they really love them. I give them silkies & I've found hornworms being sold nearby, so that's the next treat. My gang are very healthy & have good weights, so I'm pleased with the result. I also get them always from the same source, and they're gut loaded at the store I get them from, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom