How to make beardie sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksl0588

Hatchling Member
Is there any way to make my beardie sleep? I want to put him beside me when i sleep at night but it seems like when hes on the bed, he still keeps on moving and sometimes tries to jump out of bed. Is there any way like to make him sleepy so i can just lie down and not worry about him? Hes around 12inches long and around 5-6 months old

ChinelleKitten

Hatchling Member
When we have our dragons sitting with us on the couch or something we put a face cloth (their blankies lol) over their heads and they'll go to sleep most of the time.

catUK

Gray-bearded Member
I don't think there's any way to 'make' him sleep, except what ChinelleKitten suggested trying. Once he is older he will begin to sleep on you. At 5-6 months my beardie was still too explorative and playful to sleep. Now at 10 months she loves to find a comfortable spot on my neck, curl up and sleep.

alk263

I'm glad I'm not the only one who does this! My beardie sleeps next to me every night! :D
I don't really ever have trouble getting him to go to sleep, but sometimes if he's still active I put a blanket over top of him and he goes right to sleep!

Sherri

Sub-Adult Member
I love the idea of it :D I would be terrified that I would roll over onto him LOL I toss and turn ALL night lol.

Our little guy falls asleep in seconds after his nice warm bath....have you tried that? Just a thought, but of course he has to be one to not freak out in the bath :) We use a plastic bin, not the big tub. He nearly falls asleep in the water LOL

And of course...the *blanket* over him and his face as well might do it :) When he can't see *things* he may relax and then fall asleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lea K
Top Bottom