How to Ignore a member.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kjinxx2

Sub-Adult Member
Over the past few days there have been numerous arguments on the forums, so I figured I'd share a cool feature which has certainly saved me from getting a permanent ban :p

Go to:

User Control Panel >
Friends and Foes >
Manage Foes >

Then just add the person that needs to be ignored.

Here is a link to the 'foes' page: ucp.php?i=zebra&mode=foes

Likewise, you can also click the person's name, and click 'Add Foe' and it will automatically ignore them.

This topic can be locked, I just think it will help people not get upset :)

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
It's a good feature. For those wanting to just avoid frustration, it's a simple solution. Posts from your foes simply are not displayed. I believe it indicates that there WAS a reply, but it's just not shown.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I had added many people to my Foes list in the past and it made a huge difference in the stress level of browsing through posts.
Not sure if this would work on quoted posts though. Alex??

kjinxx2

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
You can see that they wrote something, but you have to click to 'show their reply'.
It will not hide quoted replies sadly :/ I believe the phpBB crew is actually planning on adding this to a future update.

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
Yeah. Quotes of what they say will still show, since those are technically posted by someone else. But the content of their posts should be hidden. Hmmm.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Hmmm is right. If the quoted post was still visible under someone else's post, it sort of proves the Foe option to be pointless.
No?

midmichicer

Gray-bearded Member
Exactly. I know the mods know I and a certain person do not get a long, and I have him in my foe list. I ALWAYS seem to run into his posts though.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
midmichicer":2z68gtsr said:
Exactly. I know the mods know I and a certain person do not get a long, and I have him in my foe list. I ALWAYS seem to run into his posts though.
It's like having this nagging black cloud over your computer, huh? :wink:

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
Goonie":2mqplg0x said:
Hmmm is right. If the quoted post was still visible under someone else's post, it sort of proves the Foe option to be pointless.
No?
Somewhat. It does reduce the chances. It just depend on whether people regularly are quoting.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Unfortunately, quoting rudeness is practiced more often than not, and had been known to be 5-fold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwe6634ee1
Top Bottom