How to identify yellow fungus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

plantkisser

Hatchling Member
This is really more of a general question than a very pressing one. I'm not really under the impression that any of my beardies have YF. I was just wondering, how can you tell if your beardie DOES have YF? Is it literally yellow, does it stick up, does it have a strange/different texture, ect? I ask because one of my beardies is orange with spots of yellow, but that's just her coloration. I worry if she ever did somehow get it, I wouldn't even notice because it might "blend in"? Thanks for any input guys :)

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there.....Y.F. isn't necessarily yellow, it can be grey/blackish and usually looks like some type of skin blemish. Just like you know if there's a change in the skin on your arm, you would notice something different on your dragon. If you go to the " infectious disease" forum here, scroll down to see some of the posts about Y.F. You can also Google " bearded dragon yellow fungus pictures" and find some there.

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
A vet would need to take a sample and send it to a lab for culturing to see what fungus grows out. Some dragons get other sorts of fungal infections too but YF in literature is CANV. Pictures I've seen it definatly looks different, and sickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heidib715
Top Bottom