how to get my dragon lively again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tram

my dragon is now a year old, when i bought him as a hatchling, he was really lively and savaged any food i left in his cage, i thought it might just be brumnation, but I'm pretty sure hes out of it now because hes basking more often and drinking more water. People have recommended to me feeding him more vegetables and less meat ( not meat, you know meal worms and crickets) but still nothing has happened.
I'm getting a bit worried on what i can do, I was wondering if things like feeding him different things such as pinkie mice or adding new accessories into his cage, like a climbing branch or something. I'm open and greatful to any suggestions, thank you.

What is in your cage?
How big is your enclosure?
What lighting are you using?
What are your temps?
Do you suppliment Calcium at recommended intervals?
What veggies are you giving him?
What meats are you giving him?
What does his poop look like? Does he poop regularly?

My girl is kinda doing the same thing. Over the summer she would gobble up over 25-40 crickets at a time, even chase them around til she caught them all... and THEN go at her salad. Now, she'll eat MAYBE 8 crickets, and nibble on a few pieces of lettuce or turnip greens. I've tried a few different things, like those beardie-bites, but feeding has been pretty rough lately, and she's only lively for a few minutes a day. She's not so much sleeping all the time, but she's definitely much more lazy than she was formerly. I'm hoping that she's not depressed and/or lonely, it's going to be a few more months before I get her a boyfriend.

Hopefully it is just brumation.

deevonFOO

yeah i seem to be having the same problem. She just sitts in one spot most of the time, she getting pretty old, a couple years maybe. not quite sure i got her from a friend. i really dont feed her vegie's but maybe i should. im new to this site. i usually just put like 70 crickets in her cage. ive started holding her more. hopefully she'll open up a lil..

gregorydragon

Juvie Member
deevonFOO":c3815 said:
yeah i seem to be having the same problem. She just sitts in one spot most of the time, she getting pretty old, a couple years maybe. not quite sure i got her from a friend. i really dont feed her vegie's but maybe i should. im new to this site. i usually just put like 70 crickets in her cage. ive started holding her more. hopefully she'll open up a lil..
Adult beardies should eat MOSTLY veggies. Actually, veggies everyday and only about 50 crix (or other live feeder) per week. Adults no longer need all of that protein for rapid growth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom