How to get Dobby to eat veg and fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiXX

Hatchling Member
So, I looked up advice a while ago about encouraging Dobby to eat veg and fruit and it said to hold off with insects , it said she would eventually eat the veg when hungry. But how long should I wait ? I don’t want to starve her and feel terribly guilty making her go through this. Although I was feeding her locusts morning and evening every day so was probably over feeding her ?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
As adults they can go for quite a while without food if need be. That's why they can easily wait you out in order to get their preferred food =). If they are healthy, they won't starve themselves. They are being stubborn. If you offer a nice salad with varied ingredients (Rotate a bit to try to find some favorites) then you are still offering food and it's up to them (within reason). Try a salad every day for a few weeks and see if that helps. That said, she is still relatively young so don't push too hard yet. It's usually a gradual transition between 12-18 months old (very generally speaking). No need to get too tough with it yet.

DiXX

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Aww ok thank you. I will leave the worrying for a few weeks then ha ha. She’s still not eating many insects though 2-3 winged locusts per day. She refuses to chase anything so the Dubai’s and crickets are pointless. ?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
As long as her weight is stable and she is alert then it's probably fine. Their appetites tend to fluctuate in cycles so sometimes they'll go through phases of not wanting much and other times they'll go through a bottomless pit phase of eating.

DiXX

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ahh sounds like I’m in mum mode and worrying over nothing ha ha. Thank You

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Agreed, just to give you a second opinion ;)

Better to worry and ask questions than not. :)

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom