How to get Daisy to stop going to the bathroom on me

Status
Not open for further replies.

brittani299

Extreme Poster
So Daisy likes to go to the bathroom on me. Everyday she runs to the glass and wants out so I do then she goes on me. She wouldnt go in her cage at all either. She only seems to want to do it on me or outside her cage. How do I stop her from doing this. It is getting annoying and is kinda gross.

BeardieMommy3991

Sub-Adult Member
Try this. When she glass dances, take her out and give her a short bath. Maybe the dancing is her way of saying "I gotta go!" If you are lucky, she will go in the bath, and then you can hold her safely.

BeardieMommy3991

Sub-Adult Member
It will not harm her in the least. :) Especially if it is just a short bath for her to poop in. Now if it was a 40 minute bath everyday, I'd worry about her turning into a prune dragon! :wink:

brittani299

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Lol yea. Thank you I will try that. Hopefully she stops because it is turning into an everyday thing with her.

Burra

Hatchling Member
When Archimedes glass dances it means he wants out of his viv to poop. He doesn't like to poop in his viv, so off to the tub we go! I think the bath before handling your beardie may help.

bunnyrut

Gray-bearded Member
the bath definitely helps with that.
Mr Dargon decided to stop pooping in his viv and silly me thought that his glass dancing meant he wanted to come out and play. after a few times i caught on to the difference between 'play' glass dancing and 'poop' glass dancing.

it took him a while to train me, but we got there.

now he goes in the bath before we do anything outside of his viv.

LadyMeridius

Hatchling Member
We are confident that Fluffy intentionally pooped on DH the first time he took her out without me home...

Angus glass dances when he has to poop. I take him out every evening around 4 (almost like clockwork) and take him to the bathroom sink. I fold a washcloth in half twice, put it in the sink with warm water, and put him on top. Within a minute (99% of the time) he poops. I pick him up, take the cloth out and rinse it well with hot water, and re-do the whole thing. He'll sit for a few more minutes and then he wants out. It's our evening poop routine. :) He did poop on my hand once when we were outside getting some sun, and it was pretty gross...lol

PudgysMom

Juvie Member
Yep Doc, too. I put him in the tub and within 30 seconds-poop! I love it! He doesn't like going in his tank either.

XtinaBeardieMom

Juvie Member
Lol you will learn the "poop dance" in no time... my beardie doesn't glass dance but she does a little wiggle with her butt hehe. I got pooped on several times before I learned. I guess you wouldn't want to poop on your own bedroom floor either, huh? Makes sense to me! I take her out and let her poop in the bath or on my tile floor - it's a lot easier to clean up than when she goes in her enclosure anyway. However my other dragon poops in his tank in the exact same spot at the same time every day, and he wouldn't have it any other way. Weirdos :shock:

brittani299

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Ok she is not the only one who does that lol. I will just have to learn because she did it on me again today.

wmwelch

My beardie, Sinclaire, likes to poop on me too. I tried giving him a bath today, and he patiently waited until he could poop on me. I might try the suggestion of putting him on a washcloth in the sink to see if that does the trick.
Wendy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom