How to get BD to eat more variey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gizmo9803

I have had Gizmo for almost a month now and he won't eat anything but crickets. I have put salads in there and he just poops in them and won't touch them. I just got an order of silkies and pheonix worms they are in with him right now but he isn't even the least bit curious about them. They are alive, I tried feeding the dead ones and he'll pick at them but won't actually eat them so I figured get the live ones and the wiggleing would make him more curious about them but nothing. What would make them more yummy to get him to eat them and his salads? Any thoughts? Thanks!! :D

amylee159

Gray-bearded Member
How big is your beardie? Maybe he feels intimidated by large silks? Maybe try feeding smaller ones and see what happens. My beardies LOVE hornworms. Maybe give a couple of those a try. They have the bright blue color that maybe has something to do with them loving them. I think the key is to keep trying a variety of feeders and salad. Don't feel discouraged if your new beardie wont eat salad right away. Many babies aren't too keen on salad, and yet some love it :) All beardies are different. As long as he is eating his crickets, I would maybe keep trying different feeders now and then.

Gizmo9803

Original Poster
Thanks Amylee. Gizmo is about 7 1/2 to 8" tip to tip. The silkies that I got are small they are the 1/4" size and the other worms are smaller yet. So I will just keep trying different things maybe he will eventually take a liking to them :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom