How to feed fruit ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddma

Juvie Member
I want to start giving my beardies fruit with thier greens but i have a couple of questions. should they be a certain age before they start eating fruits ? and as far as fruits, how are they , if you will , to be served ? cut in small pieces , shredded , mashed , etc. like blueberries , do i smush them or cut them or leave them whole ? apples? watermelon, cantelope,strawberries, and what about corn ? i know the beautiful dragon list and i know what they can eat and how often. what kind of corn ? canned , fresh (raw), frozen ? and what do i do with it ? chop it ? leave whole kernel ? thanks.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Just make them bite sized pieces. With the corn I would do the kernels unless your beardie is small then you can size them accordingly.

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
Hard things like apple can be shredded. I typically use a pair of kitchen shears to cut my fruit like strawberries and blueberries. Just seems easier to get them into thinner slices that way :D

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
Put it on top of their greens in their salad dish or hold it directly in front of their mouth so all they have to do is open up and you drop it in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sage_1207
Top Bottom