How to deal with Beardie Meltdowns?

Status
Not open for further replies.

solei

This should probably be in ER, or at least in Health, but it’s literally about behaviors, so that’s why it’s in Behavior. I have a 3 y.o. female beardie who is extremely sensitive to barometric pressure. (i make fun of her, but i do the exact same things she does ?) Some of her symptoms, aka weird behaviors include:
- Running full-speed across the length of her tank, hitting her face on the glass
- Pooping more frequently
- Scratching frantically and trying to jump down whenever she’s held
- Sprinting away from people when let down (or, when jumping from a chair or someone’s hands)
- Being very light-colored - i don’t know if that’s connected, but it’s very interesting (she’s most often light colored when inside her tank)
- Trashing her tank - pushing objects around, knocking down her hammock, getting poop everywhere
- Just overall being more alert, anxious, and scratchy than usual.

What do I do about this?? The tip-of-her-nose scale is already bent from running into glass, and I don’t want her to be uncontrollable and stressed whenever the weather gets colder.

Valeriya

Mine is similar. Ran into walls and the glass inside its tank so many times his chin is kinda caved in and all dark from being rubbed raw so many times. When toothless gets in one of his moods theres no stopping it.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Sometimes they do go through energetic phases like this. Fortunately they tend to calm back down after a while (sometimes months). I do my best to provide a large area for them to run around in and burn off some energy. If you have a room that you can close off or if you have a save area with no other animals and you can supervise a bit, let her run around outside the enclosure and see how that goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
23parkera
Top Bottom