How to clean tiles...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadCon

Sub-Adult Member
Its not uncommon for a disinfectant to not require rinsing, they simply deactivate once dry. Though it really depends on the disinfectant. As for Beaphar, I literally can't find any info about its composition, not even on their website. It does say to remove the animal when using, and return them once dry and ventilated. Honestly, from the list of pathogens it says it kills, and the various qualities they advertise about the product, I'd put good money that its a QUAT based disinfectant(Quaternary Ammonium Compound). These typically don't require rinsing and have mild fumes. I couldn't tell you for sure though, as I can't find much info.

GeeUK

Ingredients:

Polymeric biguanide hydrochloride (<1%), alkyldimethylbenzyl ammonium chloride (<1%), didecyl dimethyl ammonium chloride (<1%).

BadCon

Sub-Adult Member
Yup, its a QUAT :)
Looks like good stuff...will certainly kill lots of pathogens. Just make sure its dry returning the animal. No need to rinse however, as Quats in low concentrations are usually non-toxic once dry. They are also pretty low odor compared to some disinfectants...not having used that product, I couldn't rate the fumes. Spray on, wipe dry, and wait until the smell is gone.

GeeUK

Cool.

I have been using to spot clean some areas, doesnt smell of anything. I'll just use water from now on though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nekov
Top Bottom