how to clean my drift wood?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kellys

hey guys, i was wondering how to clean my bearded dragons drift wood that he has in his cage to make sure its as clean and safe for her as can be!? I got it from the pet store and just been pouring boiling water over it with a bit of bleach will this kill everything and not harm her? and should i change the drift wood often or at all? She loves her wood logs but im worried they might have unwanted bugs :( I clean it once a week.

rarneson

when i've put logs or rocks in that I've found from outside, I've 'baked' them in the oven at about 200 degrees for 30 minutes. No bug'll survive that, and it'll kill off any bacteria/germs.

rarneson

I've only ever done it once. I'm not sure why you'd need to do it again, but I guess you could do it once a year for good measure. Honestly, I don't think I will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nuochoakenperfume
Top Bottom