how smart is your beardie???

Status
Not open for further replies.

redlizzy

Every since we got our beardie we have given her a bath and waited till she pooped to handle her and play. Well, little miss has conected the fact that if she poops we will hold her. Lately, when she decides she wants out, she waits till we are in the room, poops, and then does the glass dance to let us know she wants out. Its too cute.

Phoenix17June2009

Gray-bearded Member
HAHA cute!!! phoenix knows where his roaches are in the house and when he gets hungry he will go over to the door and scratch at it, if i open the door he will go right over to the bin and look at it and look at me like hello, i hear them in there... i want them out here hahahh, and when i walk over to the bin he will run as fast as his stubby leg can carry him hit me with his tongue and run back at the bin lmao!!! they are super smart!!!

redlizzy

Original Poster
Its absolutely amazing isn't it! In my wildest dreams I never could have imagined she would be this cool. That's awesome!

javier

mine gets baths regularly,as well as phoenix worms........well,I keep the phoenix worms on right bside the tank,and when she is hungry,and I am in the room,she will lean vertically against the cage at the same level,and when she wants out,wether or not i am in the room,she will climb to the very top of the cage,and *peck*?the bars at the top with her face!!!!!!!its the funniest thing!!

Fallencomrade2008

Juvie Member
Phoenix17June2009":1cljkjma said:
HAHA cute!!! phoenix knows where his roaches are in the house and when he gets hungry he will go over to the door and scratch at it, if i open the door he will go right over to the bin and look at it and look at me like hello, i hear them in there... i want them out here hahahh, and when i walk over to the bin he will run as fast as his stubby leg can carry him hit me with his tongue and run back at the bin lmao!!! they are super smart!!!

Thats intence. I'm gonna have to pay more attention and see what mine all do. I usually just scoop them up before seeing what they do. My male doesn't want to be on my shoulder any more, not after he discovered the top of my head. Now he chills on top of my beaniecap for as long as i canm stand.

isabelleandpaul

Juvie Member
My husband thinks our dragon is dumb. I think she's not too bad. She learned to hold her poop until we take her out of her viv, and makes it obvious to us she wants to get out to poop. I would say that's not bad for a lizard!

FATBOYDADRAGON

Hatchling Member
Fatboy our 3 year old didn't care for me but loved my wife.
Te-Boy our 6 month old won't have a whole lot to do with mom
but loves his dad :D
When i get home from work all i have to do is start talking and once
he hears my voice he come's alive.
3days ago the wife tell me i can't get TE-BOY to eat.
My reply cause he don't like you. :mrgreen:
All ihad to do was get out the worm dish and he came running
from under his rock and gobbled up 10 supers.
Then he proceeded to eat 3 mouthfuls of collard greens.
He loves his dad :D

redlizzy

Original Poster
Had to giggle. So tonight while our beadie Lizzy was out, she had a bonding experience with our dog Zoey. Liz was on the couch and went to cuddle under the blanket that zoey was laying on. Zoey took a sniff, and then proceeded to gently paw the blanket away from Liz. So Liz moved again to snuggle under the blanket, and again zoey tried to snaffoo her blanket away. Finally, Liz found a corner to snuggle under and zoey let her stay. It was so cute. Even sweeter was the fact that zoey did not want me to move Liz to put her back in her terarium. Best buds. Too cute. Did I mention, zoey is a wimpy toy poodle who would run away from a spider if it crossed her path.

BeardieNewbie15

Hatchling Member
:lol: Awesome stories! Because Sheila hears/sees me shake the crickets now everytime I handle a plastic bag near her tank she gets all excited and starts scratching and pumping her nose into the glass :laughhard:

Sadona

Juvie Member
I have had my beardie for only a week, but I can already tell he is a crafty little booger.
When he wants to come out, or gets bored, or if hes hungry, he glass dances very vigorously.
I take him out of his tank and let him chill with me while I surf the net. He is good for about 10-30 minutes until he gets bored and antsy. (he is only 7 weeks, mind you...lots of energy and loves to run around) He makes eye contact with me, as if to warn me of his future attempts to try to "explore", or just simply says "Mom, this is boring...carry me around, do something!" He will move around my hand, looking around him, as if scoping out a place were he can run off to or jump to. Finally, the moment comes were he makes his move and jumps about a foot. :shock: I have just a few seconds to catch him, or wrangle him up from were he landed. He runs so fast! I usually get him before he drops off my bed. I'm just glad he warns me! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemommma
Top Bottom