How refreshing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MulletMan

Hatchling Member
How refreshing it is to see a forum where moderators don’t treated users like 5 year olds and the actual question asked is answered and not ignored because moderators with short attention spans get confused by the bright lights of a robust discussion and possible ideas outside of their bias opinions. Anyway, enough of that, that’s a different story.

I am not new to this forum in the true sense of the word, but have not contributed much at this stage. Firstly, I come from the land down under, where the BDs roam free and can be seen sunning themselves on fence posts or suburban garden rocks in the midday sun so it is rather ironic that I purchased my first BD from a pet store.

I have watched this forum from the sideline and I do like the way it is run and contributors are comfortable enough to ask questions, challenge ideas and discuss different ways of raising Beared Dragons without fear of being shouted down.

Here’s a bit about my BD and my set up –

She started off being called Vito until we found out he was a she so now she is called Viti.

Viti is approx 4 months old and is almost 11 inches long
She lives in a 4ft x 2 x 2 lizard enclosure. I use ceramic tiles as the substrate and couldn’t be happier.
Basking spot temp is 109f and it’s 82 on the cool side. All temps are taken with a temp gun regularly.
I am currently using a compact 10 fluoro UVB bulb but have a Mega Ray SB MVB on order. I have been told by the MVB manufacturer that the Compact UVB will be sufficient until the MVB arrives from the US in a month or 2 if certain conditions are met and I believe I have met these conditions. As well as the UVB light, my BD gets up to an hour of natural outdoor sunlight each day as it is late spring here in OZ.
Her diet consists of home grown lobster roaches which are feed twice daily. 1 daily feed is dusted with calcium 6 times a week. A bowl of mixed greens is available all day. She is just starting to nibble more on escarole and squash which is a relief. A vitamin sup is given one feed per week.
I bath Viti 3-4 times a week and she is getting ready for a shed now.

Even though I have only been a BD keeper for 3 months, I hope to be able to offer some advice or ideas from the research I have done and the experience I have gained in this time. I will also post a pic of my set up here and if anyone has any questions, comments or ideas I would love to hear them. My aim of being part of this forum is to learn ways to give the best possible care to a very important family member and also to share some useful info to those who would like it. I look forward to many more posts and to continued learning.

Regards,

Mullet Man (aka Rob)

My set up –
Vitosenclosure.jpg

bdragon

Juvie Member
That's an incredible setup...You should be proud !
MulletMan...You MUST post pics of your baby ! It's required you know.. :wink:

Catalyst

BD.org Addict
Great setup! I wish I'd been that prepared when I brought dragons home for the first time. I agree that this board is run well and an overall good place to be. Welcome :)
-- Catalyst

crissytr

Awsome setup, I love the background. Welcome to the site. I know what you mean about not new to the word. I too have floated around and read tons of post but actually did my first post tonight.

crissytr

Awsome setup, I love the background. Welcome to the site. I know what you mean about not new to the word. I too have floated around and read tons of post but actually did my first post tonight.

MulletMan

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone. Of course, how could I introduce myself without a pic of Viti. I am sure these will be the first of many.

She's at the start of her next shed. Her tail and hind dlegs are starting to grey.

nov063.jpg

Nov061.jpg

MulletMan

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I just built this new perch/feeding cave. She is already checking out what's on the menu but hasn't made it to the 2nd level yet.

Vitisnewsetupnov06009.jpg

Vitisnewsetupnov06001.jpg

Vitisnewsetupnov06005.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brikev9799
Top Bottom