How often to feed an adult?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mildew

I've had Barf for less than a week, and started out putting a dish of food in there morning and evening. After a few days though, I noticed that he was only eating the morning dish of food and didn't want anything in the afternoon/ evening so have started just offering food once per day.
I give him a fair sized dish of leafy veggies every day (there is usually only a tiny bit left over come afternoon) and have been doing insects/ fruit/ colored veggies every few days (he doesn't seem to care too much for those).
Does this food schedule sound ok? This is my first lizard that eats greens, so it's a new experience :D .

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I provide my adult with a salad every morning. It's usually a base of greens (turnip, collard, dandelion - whatever is fresh) and has some veggies on it for accent. I use squash (cut up into worm shapes) and green beans a lot but there are other good options. I try to put 2-3 items in every salad for some variety and mix it up with what's fresh at the store. Sometimes I'll cut a few blueberries or raspberries as a color accent and treat.

You can offer bugs every morning or every other morning depending on how much he's eating. You'll want to keep them to about 20% of the overall diet though so adjust your feeding regularity accordingly and keep him to mainly salads.

Stampinron

So I have a newly acquired adult beardie. He is about 17 inches long, and one year old.

I do offer a salad of collard greens/squash/repti food every day. He is a great eater and not very picky. I feel very blessed this way.

I did crickets at first, but I've transitioned to Dubias. He is quite a piggy and will quickly eat 40 medium dubais in a 7-10 minute period. I'm thinking I need to switch to large, but they just seem so big to me!

So questions: Do I switch? Do I feed insects daily?

Also his stools are very soft and I wonder if this is because of too much salad, not enough insects?

full

Any advice is appreciated!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulesD
Top Bottom