How often should I feed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoraMiller

Hatchling Member
Hello.
I'm getting a beardy soon and wanted to know how often should I feed him. I know they need 20-25% veges and 75-80% "meat" when they're less than a year old and vice versa when they're older than a year. But how often should a feed him when he's a baby and when he's an adult? Is it like everyday or is it like every other day with a leopard gecko? Also how often should I dust his food?
Thanks! :D

Hi there,
Feed him/her as many crickets as he/she can eat in about 10 minutes, and feed him/her 3 times a day until he/she is three months old. A good rule of thumb is never feed anything larger than the distance between the beardie’s eyes. Put a pinch of calcium dust on his/her food once a day - this is vital. Beardies grow so fast they need a lot of calcium.
Fresh veg should be given every day don’t feed iceberg lettuce, tomatoes or cucumber as this will just go straight through them and leave a nice mess in the viv :p

Good luck in getting a beardie. :D

nzac

I'm no expert but ours get greens and pellets in the morning, available all day, and roaches in the afternoon( as many as they want). Weekends they get a few roaches in the morning as well. They are only 4 months and finally really eating the greens and pellets and growing like weeds.

SoraMiller

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Wow that's a lot of crickets for a baby. Lol, well they don't take like 20 years to grow to an adult like us humans :lol:. Thanks you! I'll have to get a bigger been for the crickets then. I guess I'll feed him after my meals so I can keep up a regular schedule.
So for his greens could he eat the Simple Truth organic spinach, or would the kale be better. Also could I cut up a raspberry to put in with the greens?

Yeah they need quite a big in take when there little :) Bearded dragons can eat spinach but it is not recommended since calcium binds to spinach which can cause nutrition issues. Yes, kale is safe to feed to bearded dragons. Make sure the kale is washed and fresh before giving it to a dragon to eat, and Raspberry is also fine :D
Mine tends to love strawberries, blueberries and Bok Choy (Chinese Cabbage)

:blob5: :blob8:

nzac

It's almost amazing how much the little guys can eat... Our two went through 1k crickets and 1k roaches in the first 1.5 months, then another 2k roaches in the next two months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
livsxx
Top Bottom