HOW OFTEN SHOULD I BE FEEDING A 5 MONTH OLD BEARDIE???????

Status
Not open for further replies.

taylor123221

Hatchling Member
i was just wondering how many times a day i should be feeding my new 5 month old deirdre the dragon because i have a baby beardie called fatgut and he gets feed twice a day and eats about 10-12 each sitting but deidre i will feed her once on a morning and she will eat 4 large black crickets and 2 large locust and then thats it for the day and i was also wondering what worms i could try her on any suggestions???????

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
The twice a day seems to be working for you, and an all day salad.
As for worms, Phoenix, silks for staples, for treats; horn worms,and waxies.
Janie.

Callahan9119

Hatchling Member
What about supers as a staple? Silks seem like a pain and PM's will get expensive feeding a big lizard those little things.

Xkael05

What about a 3 month old? Crickets are proving a disaster, as many seem to have escaped to run around the house (I got yelled at for that one). I tried waxworms, they are certainly small enough for him, but my Beardie doesn't seem to like them. He isn't eating greens yet, so I have been stuck with Crickets are his staple good. Something that isn't hopping all over the house would be nice

taylor123221

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
why dont you try it on locust they are no where near as fast as crickets and my 2 love them and if they get out they dont last very long where crickets can breed and they horrible things i hate them thats why i changed to locust and they are much better i still give my 5 month old crickets but they are big ones and you can at least see them. i had the exact same probably with my 2 little ones until i started them on locust and you will find that they can catch them way easier and mine seem to eat more of them aswell

DAVID

ajkry2

Gray-bearded Member
Don't forget to be careful about the size of the feeders. You're safe if they're smaller than the space between your baby's eyes. I'm just saying it out loud here because I've heard too many horror stories of impaction...

taylor123221

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
i feed my 5 month old medium black crickets and meduim locusts but i feed my little one small locust just the same size as size 2 crickets and they are easier for them to catch and i always stick to the between the eyes size aswell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemommma
Top Bottom