How often do your adult beardies shed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lilo12

I was just curious about how often your adult dragons shed? I feel like it's been awhile since my girl has shed, like 5 or 6 months. She's acting perfectly fine and healthy so I'm not worried about her. Just curious about how she compares with others. ? she's 2 by the way

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Well my two 22 (2 months short of 2 years) month old beardies haven't shed since probably around October or September, meaning they haven't shed for about 4 or 5 months.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Adults shed a lot differently than babies & juveniles. Our two adults shed sporatically for sure.
Usually a few times a year they shed, but in different areas.
Each dragon is just a little different with their shedding patterns.

Tracie

PuppysPets

My dragon hardly ever sheds now that he is older. Most of the time, he just sheds a little on the mouth but almost never completely like a baby/younger derg would. I think they are fine if they are behaving right. Maybe try giving them a little soak in warm water, that sometimes help with shedding, if not, hey, they are clean and their digestion is good.

Lilo12

Original Poster
Thank you for your replies ? it sounds like she compares well with others. Lilo is just starting to shed on the sides of her beard and front legs. I've been careful not to touch the grey areas as it seems it's pretty sensitive for her but other than that, she's going great ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New & NoClue
Top Bottom