how often do bearded dragons shed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MNbeardie

Hatchling Member
I'm a little concerned about their eyes. Jack wasn't quite that small when I got him, but I don't remember him "squinting" or ever having his eyes close while being held. If they are 4 weeks old they should be very alert. *edit* they look alert in the cage, but not on your finger. (I'm assuming your camera date is WRONG)

1. Compact fluorescents are proven to give off either harmful amounts or to little UVB. Replace it with an MVB or Tube style ReptiSun (as previously mentioned).

2. 10g is WAY to small for an enclosure. I'd say 20L is about as small as you should start out with. This offers a temperature gradient from one side of the tank to the other.

3. Go to Walmart, Tempgun.com, or an online pet store like Petmountain.com and invest $10-15 in a temp probe or temp gun. I love my Temp Gun because of the quick and accurate temp reads.

4. Housing beardies together can be harmful or fatal in the future as they reach sexual maturity. Right now the larger one could be intimidating the smaller one causing it to not eat, eat less, or not bask properly as you said. Think about that poor scrawny kid at school, does the bully even have to look at the scrawny kid for the kid to avoid the bully? Nope, the kid just knows better from past experience.

5. Heating rocks don't help beardies. They don't feel heat on their bellies. This can potentially burn them.

RamboRocky

Original Poster
the smaller one usually looks like he just lieks to wrap around my finger and wat it seems like... just go alseep.. must feel warm to him or somthing but other than that they are both always alert. the littler guys seems to bask more than the bigger one...

the littler one also doesnt eat maybe being bullied.... may not be... i say this because ill feed them seperatly in different rooms... at different times.. and the littler one just doesnt eat as much...

RamboRocky

Original Poster
i keep getting replies on 2 different fourms and they are both u on both forums zebra lol... thansk for the help with the uvb and this forum

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
That's what big sisters are for ;)
Ask nicely and you shall receive !

course, you have to put up with me now and then ;)
lol
Janie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom