How much water a day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Permutation

Hatchling Member
I have a Beardie who is not eating or drinking on his own, we've had him vet checked and had blood work done and treated for parasites, Blood work looked fine. Vet suspects lack of appetite may be something to do with hormones, or he may have something neurological going on as he is a hypo/trans/leatherback.

His weight has been steady, hes 540 grams, ive been giving him 3-5mls of carnivore care every other day, my question is how much water should I be giving him a day, because to me he seems dehydrated, his eyes seem sunken in.

otaytita

mist him with a spray bottle every morning, give him a bath once or twice a week, and make sure he has water available if he wants to drink on his own. if you feed him worms, some people will put the worms in a very shallow dish of water, so when he eats them he'll end up drinking too. good luck ♡

Permutation

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
yeah I have been letting him drink from our mister, it's the only way I can get any liquids into him other than when im giving him his carnivore care. I just want to make sure he is getting enough a day, im not sure what is too much or too little. And because he doesn't drink or eat on his own, I don't know if when he stops drinking from the mister he is actually getting enough for his body, cause he doesn't seem to like to drink for too long. He's never been a bath drinker but I will keep trying anyways.

Thank you for the input and the ideas <3

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
I only give my beardies water my hand in really hot weather , I believe they get sufficient hydration from the live insects (esp the silkworms and superworms) and from the green leafies.

They are adapted to survive and flourish in very drought prone arid areas where standing water is extremely hard to find , and flowing water is a once a decade event , and rain is very infrequent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom