how much is too much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

missnikki

okay so i have a bearded dragon im not sure how old she is but she just layed eggs not even a week ago. and i know that after they have layed eggs they are supposed to be given as much food as they will eat. well she loves super worms and she always gets her veggies and a lot of calcium, but her last feeding she ate 20 super meal worms. and she was still looking for more. im just wondering if there is such a thing as too much or should i just give her everything that she wants to eat?
thanks
nikki

missnikki

Original Poster
well its just in the 15 minute interval she would eat 50 worms if i let her and it doesnt matter how much other stuff she has ate before. im just worried about the worms making her impacted, but i dont wanna stop giving them to her because that is her favourite food.

midwestreptiles

Hatchling Member
Well since she is an adult you can feed the mealworms as a treat but i would only be feeding her the supers. And as for how much as much as she wants. She will eventually refuse them or loose interest after a certain amount. Or you can just do like a 15 minute period. Too much food after laying eggs is not going to be a problem. I would get her weight back up and then resume regular feeding :)\

Good luck

missnikki

Original Poster
ya i only feed her supers. i thought that they were the same thing but i am learning now that they are not. but okay as long as there is not such a thing as feeding them too much then i will feed her as much as she wants to eat. thank you very much. greatly appreciated :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom