How much does YOUR bearded dragon eat each day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonz152

I'm just wondering how much your dragons eat each day. I have a 3 month old dragon (about 9 inches and 28grams) who is finally coming out of relocation stress after getting her about 2 weeks ago. Today he ate 20 phoenix worms and about 15 crickets.That's the most he's eaten since we've gotten him and I'm wondering how much I should expect that to increase. I know you should let them eat as many crickets as they can in 15 minutes, so....how many is that for all of your dragon? Also, let me know how old your dragon is since that obviously effects their food intake.

Thanks everyone:)

lauraj1055

Gray-bearded Member
My 2 + month will eat 45 reptis, and 2 dubias a day.. Or on dubia day she will eat 8 - 10 dubia during the day, and about 15-20 reptis in the evening... but it seems to slowly be increasing each day.

Fredsdad

Hatchling Member
Fred will eat about 40 crickets per day...I gave him 25 or so this morning and he ate them all in about 5 minutes. Another 15 this evening and he didn't seem interested when i dropped them in. They got into his stomach, though.

Trogdorpheus

Juvie Member
My 1 year old is 18 inches and growing, and every other day or so she'll get 10-14 large supers, and she always looks like she wants more. On those days she'll eat half a dish of mustard greens, and between "meat" days she'll eat a dish or two of greens occasionally sprinkled with carrot.

tattykassy

Juvie Member
My Jaumbi (5 months) eats roughly 40 crickets a day and an occational waxworm or two. I used to give him 2 a day but I've been corrected and now only give him 1 every two days. He sure loves them :)

And as of recently I've figured out how to get him to eat his veggies too! I take a piece of his salad and dip it in his water dish and hold it up to him, he actually ate 3 pieces of lettuce, a piece of kale, a piece of carrot, and a piece of butternut squash today! I plan on definitely doing that again tomorrow ;)
Compared to others he doesn't eat a whole lot, but its definitely available to him he just doesn't seem to want more then that at this point. I figure if I keep offering, hopefully he'll start to eat more....

TASTIGER

Extreme Poster
well mine are 2 years old they get salad 3x a day morning, noon, and before dinner then they get about 20 roaches, and then a few wax worms for dessert

randommonks

Sub-Adult Member
I have a 3-4 month old at 10 inches, and he used to eat about 15-20 crickets per feeding, twice a day. Now I've switched to dubias, and he'll eat 5-7 1/2"-3/4" dubias per feeding, twice a day. He also ATTACKED a leaf of collard greens today, before I had even cut it. It was very amusing to see him take giant chunks out of the leaf that was bigger than him :D

BindiBoo

Hatchling Member
Bindi eats about 100 3/8" crickets a day, and a 1/4 a cup collard greens or whatevers on the menu. She's nine inches long, and could eat bigger crickets, but i buy smaller crickets in mass quantities so they can grow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New & NoClue
Top Bottom