How much crickets should an adult bearded dragon be eating?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard that crickets should make up 20% of their diet, but I just wanted to check that. Jenkins eats salad and other veggies every day and usually about 10 crickets on average. He is about a year old. Does that sound about right? And I also dust his veggies and crickets with the calcium supplements.

Thanx for your help <3

wes

Juvie Member
That seems a little low for a one year old. They are still growing at that age. We offer both veggies and insects, and over time our beardie chooses to eat more vegetables than insects on his own. I don't think it is anything you have to do.

zillathakilla

Juvie Member
i feed zilla (6 months) 10-15 twice a day so i think you should up it a little bit because he's not done growing fully

fez09

Extreme Poster
I agree that for now that is not enough crickets. It's not until about 18 months that they will start eating more veggies than bugs. Let him eat as many crickets as he wants in about 10 minutes and make sure to offer greens everyday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New & NoClue
Top Bottom