How Many to Buy? (Hornworms and Silkworms)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mirrorakay

Hatchling Member
I've been thinking about giving other feeders shot with my little guy and I was thinking I might try out hornworms. Thing is, I'm very (probably unnecessarily) concerned about their size. Namely how quick they grow and what size I can feed to Zeke. He recently has a two month long bout of constipation, that while it is now solved, has left me somewhat paranoid. I know hornworm do not pose an impaction risk, but I wonder at what size are they no longer safe to feed? Width between the eyes, right?

Also, I know they grow insanely fast. What size and how many would you recommend buying my guy for our first try?

Zeke is 1 year 7-8 months old. He is 1 foot long, and is missing anywhere from 6-8" of tail. Here's a picture of him to give you a better idea of his size: http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w182/Mirrorakay/Bearded%20Dragon/Zeke.jpg

I guess I may as well as one more question while I'm here. Somewhere down the line I'd also like to give silkworms a shot. I'm also wondering what size and how many I need to buy for a first try?

I just don't want to buy too many and end up with a lot that are either too big to feed Zeke. I don't mind a few not being used by Zeke as my hermit crabs would be more than happy to eat them, but I'd much rather Zeke get most if not all of them.

BonesMommy1011

Hatchling Member
Order from LindasGoneBuggie.com she's got a value pack of hornworm and silkworms plus a free cup of reptiworms for $25. You could try them both out!

warnisha

Juvie Member
our beardies could be twins!!! my guy looks just like him and is missing a good bit of his tail also!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FlameBeardie
Top Bottom