How many super worms per week?

Status
Not open for further replies.

david0501

Juvie Member
Im very much considering changing my beardies staple to super worms but I dont know how many to give him. He is almost 5 month's old and is a bit over 17 inches. I've heard like 50-60 a week along with vegies of course. Anyone have any opinions regarding the matter?

geostraub

david0501":1lvfl64j said:
He is almost 5 month's old and is a bit over 17 inches.

I know this is off topic (even though I am interested in the answer also) but your beardie is 5mo old and 17 inches? My beardie is (so I was told by the previous owner) 7mo old and 10 inches at best. Starting to think I have a dwarf beardie.

david0501

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Maybe not, maybe he is just a slow grower. In all honesty its pretty rare to impossible to find a beardie who grows as fast as mine lmfao

sweetpea1981

Juvie Member
when I feed my guy supers I feed him one at a time, he usually stops at 8-10 a feeding. I feed my guys 3 feeding a day. But I don't use supers for all the feedings. I use some crickets, dubias, I mix it up, but if you were to do all supers I guess I would see how much he wants to eat and feed him how much he wants in his 10-15 min feeding time, he should get at least 2 feeding a day with live feeders and have veggies out all day too.

geostraub

I have read on this board a few times but haven't found the why, but why is it you wait until your beardie is 16" or above to feed supers? I found a supplier in Cincinnati that says "We do a medium mix which is ideal for younger/juvinile dragons". Is that a no no and if no why?

david0501

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Ok well, according to people here and other forums beardies have a kink in their digestie track which disables them from digesting things like supers very well, so after 16in they can eat them. Honestly im in no position to say wether your supplier is right or not. And thanks for the opinions guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vinny2010b
Top Bottom