How many Reptiworms = a Cricket

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePonz

I'm thinking about switching from crickets to Reptiworms.
I have begun to dislike crickets due to smell mostly and the fact that I lose so many.
I was wondering If my beardie eats 10 crickets, how many reptiworms (large) would he have to eat to get the same fill?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Only way to know will be test it yourself. Beardies will often eat a lot more worms in comparative terms to crickets because they seem to think worms are much tastier. So lets say about 5 worms = the size of a cricket which = 50 worms, he might end up eating a lot more than that to get his fill because he enjoys them more. <- is just an example.

-Brandon

Slave2Scarlett

Gray-bearded Member
I was wondering the same thing b/c I ordered some Phoenix worms and I order the XS which by the way are teeny tiny and I was quite annoyed they were so little... I'm not sure how many I should feed my baby she is only 8 weeks and hates crickets.. She will gobble up 20 of those little things in a new york second.. I i'm wondering if I should b feeding her more than that b/c they are so little..

Reptiworms

Hatchling Member
Thanks for the question. What age crickets are you asking about? pin heads or 6 weekers? Also are you gutloading the crickets or just dusting? Ill try to get some weights for crickets and do a comparison to make the math a little easier.
An Adult dragon typically eats between 25-40 Large worms per feeding and we typically feed the adults 3-4 times per week (can be fed everyday if desired)
Our juvenile dragons (6months - less then 200g) typically eat about 20-30 large worms in a day and they get fed every day, most of the time 10 worms twice a day. They also get lettuce/greens every day. the amount of worms/crickets they consume does go down if we give them more time with the greens before feeding bugs.

Slave2Scarlett

Gray-bearded Member
Reptiworms":3ry1p5zc said:
Thanks for the question. What age crickets are you asking about? pin heads or 6 weekers? Also are you gutloading the crickets or just dusting? Ill try to get some weights for crickets and do a comparison to make the math a little easier.
An Adult dragon typically eats between 25-40 Large worms per feeding and we typically feed the adults 3-4 times per week (can be fed everyday if desired)
Our juvenile dragons (6months - less then 200g) typically eat about 20-30 large worms in a day and they get fed every day, most of the time 10 worms twice a day. They also get lettuce/greens every day. the amount of worms/crickets they consume does go down if we give them more time with the greens before feeding bugs.

What about the XS Phoenix worms? My baby is 8 weeks and she will eat 20 of those in one feeding.. Is that enough or should she be eating more? Thanks!

Reptiworms

Hatchling Member
LovetheBeardie":srrnmkdk said:
Reptiworms":srrnmkdk said:

What about the XS Phoenix worms? My baby is 8 weeks and she will eat 20 of those in one feeding.. Is that enough or should she be eating more? Thanks!

I don't know the size or weight of phoenix worms so i cant comment. 20 of our extra small reptiworms per feeding is sufficient for a baby. I do suggest feeding your dragon worms in the morning for their first feeding and then doing an afternoon feeding of lettuce/greens along with another feeding of worms. This is what we do for all of our dragons we are holding back/growing up.

Reptiworms

Hatchling Member
sounds good. The little guys can be picky, don't hesitate to give the dragon a variety of options to get him/her growing.

ThePonz

Original Poster
I actually was asking about this on "Reptiworms - Black Solider Fly Grubs" and you have been very helpful once you can weigh them out If you could E-Mail me the results or post on either of the threads that would be great. Also Once this Nutrition report comes out I would greatly appreciate a copy of that through E-mail or just the findings on a thread. I am looking forward to being an avid customer in the future

Reptiworms

Hatchling Member
Our Large worms on average weigh 120mg-140mg (100 equal 12-14 grams)
Our Medium worms on average weigh 90mg to 110mg (100 equal 9-11 grams)
Our Small worms on average weigh 60mg-80mg (150 equal 9-12 grams)
Our Extra Small worms on average weigh 30mg (150 equal 4.5 grams)

Reptiworms

Hatchling Member
ThePonz":3mgewog4 said:
now how does that compare with crickets? whats the average weight of an adult cricket

That is a very good question. I will do my best to find some weights for an average feeder cricket as I don't have that data.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom