How many crickets should a 17 inch beardie eat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone! It's been awhile since I've been on this site :( but I'm back for yet another question. My beardie, Ike, is now 17 inches long and 189.5 grams! It seems like just yesterday when he was only 11 inches and 55 grams...
Anyway, back to the topic! I have NO idea how old he is. I got him on june 29th so I've had him for about 2 months. When is he considered an adult and when should I start cutting back on the crickets? I have been feeding him about 20 crickets twice a day but he has grown EXPONENTIALLY since I've got him. I dont want to accidently start overfeeding!

LONG STORY SHORT... When should I cut back on the crickets and how many/how often should i feed them?
When is he considered an adult?
AND... is he a healthy weight for his length?

Thanks!

Livey

Extreme Poster
He will tell you when he dosent want any more crickets, so you should be still giving him as much as he wants,

underrwaterrx

Original Poster
ok, but I know sub-adults/adults don't eat as much live feeders. Since I don't know his age, I don't know when I should start feeding less crickets. For now, I'm going to keep feeding 20 crickets twice a day. Does anyone know a length/weight when I should cut back on the feeders???

Thanks

Livey

Extreme Poster
Yes and what im saying is keep offering until her becomes Full, he will flinch or turn away when`s he`s full..
As you don't no the age, he could still be growing so you should still be offering as much as he wants..
Mine both, stopped eating twice a day just to once..
So don't start cutting down he will tell you when he is full.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom